Posted by: Just me | 2009-06-26

Not moving forward

Hello CS

I feel as if my life is at a dead end. I have no idea what is really important anymore. My main concern is the job I am in. I do not want to get up and leave but I am left frustrated nearly everyday. It is mostly because I try to do my work but there is so much indecisiveness that goes on here. I never get the go-ahead to complete my job. It leaves me frustrated. I can' t even afford to get onto a proper medical aid. That is important to me. I still live at home. I really want to be good at the work I do but it seems like I am just not moving forward where I am. I am trying at least though. Who knows maybe there will be a better turnout. I just don' t want to be somewhere and thought to be useless at my job. I have no other qualifications. I am still young to study or do courses but I don' t earn enough to do a lot to have certain essentials in my life. Things that I really need.

I have a small savings policy that I am not allowed to touch for the next 10 years. It is not alot of money that gets taken off my salary but I do look out for my future. Nothings seems enough.

CS, do I seem greedy at all. We all have to work hard to achieve what we want but how long and hard must a person try. How long must we wait?

I do realise there are far worse situations. I am just really mad today.

Thanks CS.

So its not really that your life is at any dad end, though it may feel that way, but that you have temporarily lost a sense of direction, lost clarity as to where you should be going from here. Remember a work to take responsiobility for your own decisions and work, but not to feel responsibility for the disorganization caused by incompetent management or co-workers. They get paid to make things work smoothly. Is there someone in HR you could discuss this with ? I thought companies had some duty ( and motivations ) to help people in their employ get further training and advance themselves. And you sound very much less gredy than most people I come across.
How long and hard must one try ? I don't know, I'm still trying, long and had.