Question

Not making love

I have difficulty in having sex with my wive after I found out she had an affair. Always thinking of how they touched each other and themm waking up together etc. Went to shrink but still very difficult.

It is understandable, given the circumstances that you have described. The trust relationship will be rebuilt only over time. You mentioned that you went to a shrink – if alone, maybe you should consider going for couple counseling and find ways to rebuild your relationship together. If you went together, it might be that you need alone time with the therapist to explore your own hurt and emotions and thoughts. We can never undo what happened in the past, but can move forward if we focus on what we share now and occupy our selves with making memories now. However, if we do not deal with what lead to the affair in a constructive manner and find ways to enhance the relationship for the future, you will not be able to use the experience to your growth advantage, but yet it will haunt your relationship.
You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

1
Posted by: JUST A GUY | 2009-05-18

ANON believe me when i tell you it will never ever get better only thing in her favour is time ...you see thats our saving grace TIME it definitely heals .but does not mend ...you will learn to live with it but it will never leave you ...please dont let it eat you like cancer ...rather make peace with it ...it sounds like you really love her so make peace with your inner soul...

Reply to JUST A GUY