Question
Posted by: Kerry | 2009-07-29

Not losing weight

Hi, I' m 24 year female 1.74 in height and +- weighing 74KGs!
my eating plan has been:
BREAKFAST: USN Diet Fuel meal supplement
Morning snack: small 70G yogurt
LUNCH: Either, Baked potato with cottage cheese/ 3x cracler bread with tomato/ 2 slice toast with half avo or slice toast with tine Tune.
Afternoon snack: fruit or meal sup if I go gym
DINNER: what ever on menu but small portion and no starch
since being on this for what is now a month, my gyming has been zero, but i am on the move a lot and dont just sit at a desk. I also drink 2 L of water a day and I have had no cravings for sweets.
I am no saint and have had a slice of pizza or a burger on a weekend...
I however have not lose any weight and wonder why by simply eating a 3rd of what I use to not be able to lose weight. I know Gyming is the key, but I' m not motivated now.

Dear Kerry
Your present BMI = 24,4 which is already in the normal range, so it may take longer for you to lose weight than if you were seriously overweight. Please check that the supplement you are using for breakfast and before gym does not contain too much energy. If you have 5 smaller meals a day and are trying to lose weight then you should only have about 1200 kJ per meal. If a serving of the supplement contains more than this amount of energy it may be hampering weightloss. If you don't feel like going to the gym, buy a skipping rope and skip for 30 min a day. This is an excellent aerobic exercise and it will help to stimulate your metabolism.
Hope this starts you losing