Question
Posted by: cav | 2008-12-02

not losing

Hi doc....

I am 36 have 2 kids ( 9 yrs and 4 yrs) had the steralisation op in July this year and have been off the pill since then. I have been eating healthy ( steamed chicken / veggies / museli and yoghurt ) following the weigh less menu from my old book.
I don' t do much excersie besides HOUSE CLEANING on a FRIDAY afternoon) the occassionally walking in the mall. Basically i dont like exercise......( 1 of my downfalls , i know)
I haven' t been losing weught even tho i cut out the fried foods and ALMOST ALL luxuries I have the occasion choc and packet of niknaks... BUT NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT I USE TO HAVE.
Oh and in the evenings i have 2 x HALF a Glasses of white wine ( the kilojule reduced one) topped up with soda water . so i suppose that equals 1 full glass.

Any ADVICE will be greatly appreciated.

cav

Dear Cav
It is possible that you may have been one the individuals who benefited weight-wise from the pill and now that you don't take it any more, this could be influencing your weight. According to the package inserts for most contraceptive pills some women experience weight gain when they take the pills while others lose weight. This is an individual reaction. Check out the slimming diets on this Website by clicking on "Diet" at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and see if you are not perhaps eating too much food so that your energy intake is still too high to lose despite the fact that all the foods you eat are healthy. Then there is the problem of physical activity. To promote weightloss you really need to do 30 or more minutes of aerobic exercise like skipping, brisk walking or swimming or cycling to stimulate your metabolism. Select the type of exercise that you feel you could handle and start slowly and then build up to how long and hard you exercise as you get fitter.

1
Posted by: cav | 2008-12-02

AND i drink 2 litres of water a day.
no sugar in my coffee or tea.

Reply to cav