Question
Posted by: adel | 2009/12/22

not loosing weight even during renovations

Hi. I am a woman, aged 31. I just had 4 weeks of leave. During these 4 weeks I did renovations at my home. I find it strange that I did not loose any weight. I started working at 8:00 am and only stopped at 16:00. I either ate two slices of toast with jam in the morning or two boiled eggs. at 12:00 I had another slice of toast with jam. At night I had smaller portion dinner. I also cut out fizzy drinks and drank a lot of water. Should I not have lost at least some weight? I painted, removed carpets, scourced the wooden floors, varnished it, moved heavy furniture. My weight remained constant on 67kilos and I am 1.68m tall. I am so dissappointed that I did not loose any weight.

Dear Adel
Your present BMI = 23,8 which is nicely within the normal range, so it is difficult to lose additional weight. Although you have presumably been much more active that you usually are, and have ingested fewer kJ, you may not have used up sufficient energy to cause actual weightloss. So-called aerobic exercises like (brisk walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, rowing , skipping, etc) tend to use up more energy than the more static exercises. But as your BMI is in the normal range, you don't really need to lose additional weight. I am sure your home looks stunning.
Wishing you a happy Festive Season

1

Dear Adel
Wishing you a happy Festive Season