Question
Posted by: Demotivated | 2010/10/01

not loosing weight

I am trying to loose a little weight. I am used to being a size 8 but since my pregnancy (2 years ago) i have remained a size 10. Over the last 2 months i have gone on a strict health regime in an effort to regain my lost figure.

I am not overweight, my BMI is 22 and I''m a 30 year old female. I gym 3-5 times a week (mostly cardio 40-50 mins per session) My diet is relatively strict. I do not consume more that 1400 calories a day. Most days i consume even less than that.

I am seeing an overall improvement in the tone of my body but my clothes still fit exactly the same and I have only lost 1kg in 2 months (and this was during the first week when I did 5 days of strict detox).

To get back to my size 8 jeans i''m probably going to need to loose 4 or 5 kgs.

It is very demotivating stepping on the scale every week and not seeing an improvement. Am i doing something wrong? is there a fat burner or something i should consider?

Dear Demotivated
If your BMI is 22, which is ideal for adult women, then your body will resist additional, unnecessary weightloss. It is probable that when you wore the size 8 clothes, your were bordering on underweight, which is not healthy. I would recommend that you stick to eating a balanced diet to prevent deficiencies, continue with moderate exercise to keep trim and stop stressing your body by forcing it to lose additional weight. If you persist you may harm your metabolism and even develop anorexia, which is not a path you want to follow esp now when you have a 2-year-old child to consider.
Take care

1

Dear Demotivated
Take care