Question
Posted by: Sha | 2010/03/18

not loosing weight

I''m trying to loose weight, thinking that I''m doing everything right but still not loosing any weight (or cm''s)

I''m eating a low GI diet which consits of

all bran and fat free milk (or meusli and fat free yogurt) for breakfast
a tuna salad with pasta, tuna and tomato and cucumber for lunch
dinner is veggies, salad 3 baby potatos and 100g chicken
3 provitas for one snack and 1 fruit for another snack during the day

I''m drinking 2 lt of water daily
2 cups of coffee with little bit of fat free milk

I''m doing tae-bo for an hour at least 3 times a week (mostly 5 times)

my weight is 76kg and I''m 1.7m tall,

Is there anything that can cause me not to loose weight? I''ve currently got the mirena as BC

Dear Sha
With the diet you describe and regular exercise you should be losing weight. Your present BMI = 26,3 which is a bit over the upper level of normal, so your body may be resisting weightloss and you may lose more slowly than someone who is very overweight. Check that the portions you eat at meals are not too large (for example reduce the amount of meat at dinner from 100g to 60g) and make sure that you do your exercise every day if possible. On days when you don't do Taebo, go for a walk or skip for 30 min.
If after another 2 weeks you still have not lose any weight, I would recommend that you ask your medical dr to test you for hormone imbalances (female hormones, thyroid and insulin), to see if there is any underlying cause of your inability to lose weight.

6
Posted by: gershwin | 2010/03/22

im not loosing weight and i want girls to be atracted to me

Reply to gershwin
Posted by: Roz | 2010/03/21

I feel your pain. In a similar situation. breakfast - a slice of seedloaf bread with a lowfat protein and a cup of tea. Lunch - 1/2 fruits. Supper a green salad. Exercise 4 times a week for 1 hr and a 30min walk. But still can''t seen to loose any weight.

Reply to Roz
Posted by: roz nkwe | 2010/03/21

Reply to roz nkwe
Posted by: roz nkwe | 2010/03/21

Reply to roz nkwe
Posted by: Sha | 2010/03/18

Thanks for getting back to me,

I''ve been eating and exercising like this for 4 months now? stopped for 4 days and picked up 3kgs. (was 73 before I stopped and now sitting at 76...)

I should actually say that my chicken is actually lot less, my total plate of food is 200gr and the meat is only about 6 stips (deboned, fat removed chicken breast)

Reply to Sha

Dear Sha