Posted by: unhappy | 2013-02-07

not loosing

HI. I eat balanced meals 5-6 portions per day, I exercise 4-5 per week 1hour (cardio 30m and weights 30m). I am not loosing weight, cm or fat%. What am i doing wrong?

Dear Unhappy
I cannot judge if your present weight is already within the normal range which would mean that your body would resist additional losses, esp if your BMI is 22 or lower. There are many different factors that can prevent weightloss if you are overweight, for example your energy intake is higher than your energy output; you may have hormonal problems (thyroid, insulin, female hormones); you may be depressed, etc. It may be a good idea for you to have a medical checkup so that you can determine if there is an underlying problem such as insulin resistance or polycystic ovary syndrome or hypothyroidism so that you can receive treatment.
Once you have either obtained a diagnosis or are given a clean bill of health, we can decide what diet you require.

Posted by: unhappy | 2013-02-07

Sorry forgot to say I weigh 85kg am 1.74m tall and BMI 24%, but I have a big tummy. Thank you

Reply to unhappy