Posted by: Leoni | 2009-03-05

not interested anymore

I have been married for 3 years now and had a baby last year. The thing is, my husband is very absent from a lot of things happening, like helping with our baby.We are currently in financial problems at home and i find it difficult to be passionate with him. I feel used and feel like he does not care about me and the baby. I' m currently the breadwinner and he doesn' t show any appreciation at all. This has affected our sex life and i would like to improve things even though he doesn' t seem to care.

It is quite common after the birth of a baby to experience problems reconnecting sexually, even in the best of circumstances. Your added stress of financial difficulties complicates this transition. Some men feel inadequate when it comes to helping with babies and possible feelings of failure with regard to 'providing for his family' may make all this worse for your husband. I suggest you talk through what are the positives in your current situation and what things you would both like to see improve. Getting someone to baby sit while you go out for a walk or coffee will allow time for communication. This might help open up the sexual conversations as well.

Posted by: Nikki | 2009-03-06

Shame on your hubby. Marriage is a partnership between you to in all aspects, including house holding and raising children. 50/50 Give him a ultimatum, he must start helping at home or no sex ever for him, you can get it some place else when needed. He must just get his lazy act together or go.

Reply to Nikki