Posted by: BEW | 2011-01-31

Not interested

In bipolar how low can the low actually become, cause for the past two weeks or so i have no interest in anything. For example, it feels as if i wouldnt care if i lost my job. I want to dissapear for a while and not have to think about anything or do anything, thats what it feels like.

Can this get worse? When do i really know i need assistance.

There are no limits on how low the low ( or how high the high ) might be. Its not clear whether Bipolar Disorder has been properly diagnosed, as it should be, by a proper expert ) a psychiatrist or psychologist ) or whether you have made the diagnosis yourself. A GP may be able to suspect the diagnosis, but should then refer someone to see a proper expert for confirmation of the diagnosis and proper guidance as to how best to manage it.
DO, urgently, se a psychiatrist or psychologist for a proper assessment and a discussion of treatment options ; and if you have seen one, see them again for re-assessment and make sure you fully inform them about how you have been feeling.

Posted by: Lin | 2011-02-01

You need assistance NOW before you fall even deeper. Please make an appointment with a CBT psychologist. You should see a psychiatrist if the psychologist thinks it''s needed.

Reply to Lin