Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/05/10

Not in the mood

I have a wonderful husband who is always trying to please me. Unfortunately I am just never in the mood for sex, even if I do enjoy it when having. Is there something I can drink to atleast not make me wish for something so we do not have to do it?

Unfortunately there is no licenced medication/remedy your desire/interest for sex. There may be a few reasons why you have a low libido. Firstly it is important to know if this has been the case since the very first time you had sex or if it developed later.

If it is low most of the time and this has not always been the case, then I wonder if this is the normal reduction in libido that many women experience a little way into the relationship. If this is not the case (e.g. it's a new relationship), then perhaps there are aspects of the relationship that are problematic for you and this switches you off. Do you use any chronic medication or suffer any chronic disease? Sexual boredom? What is you daily routine and stressors like? To change this you have to identify the possible reason, alternatively consult you doctor or the SASHA helpline (0860 100 262) for a referral list for practitioners in your area.

2
Posted by: Roxy | 2010/05/11

There''s a herbal supplement you can buy at health stores called Maca. This is said to increase libido as well as balance hormones.

Reply to Roxy
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/05/11

Reply to sexologist