Question
Posted by: dw | 2010-10-06

not good enough

I posted post 984 and this morning I get an e-mail from the guy I have been seeing for 6 weeks, and he tells me that he still has feelings for his ex girlfriend and they have been broken up for 2 years. They spoke on Sunday. I am so hurt.... we had a great time together and I gave it my best and it still wasnt good enough....

Its not that YOU weren't good enough, but him - he was, perhaps much more than he realized, not finished with the previous relatonship.

4
Posted by: Lovey | 2010-10-06

As painful as it is, i think he tried to be honest, the hard part is to let go from ur side..It hard my dear but u can do it. All the best.

Reply to Lovey
Posted by: Phil | 2010-10-06

Lady, it''s not about you not being good enough! It''s about *ssholes that lie to other people by not telling the other person that they are still hung up about an X.
So, pull ur shoulders up cos it wasn''t you..

Reply to Phil
Posted by: Soul | 2010-10-06

Honey that''s not your fault. He should never have gotten involved with you knowing he still had feelings for her.

There is no reason for you to feel like you not good enough, he lied to you he needs to get himself sorted out and figure out what he wants. You did your best and that is something you can feel good about.

The fact of the matter is, is that his not good enough for you!

Reply to Soul