Question
Posted by: Goddess | 2008/10/20

Not getting pregnant after Depo Provera

I had only 2 shots of Depo &  I stopped it April 2008. My periods stopped completely &  they are stil not back yet. Is it possible to get pregnant now without my periods?

Dear Goddess

The effect of Depo Provera can persist for as long as 2 years after even a single dose. This may result in not only in ovulatory dysfunction but also endometrial (lining of the womb) problems. In order to speed up fertility it may be necessary to use hormonal intervention such as the oral contraceptive pill followed by ovulation induction agents such as Clomiphene citrate (Clomid, Fertomid, Serephene, etc).

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: depro 2 | 2008/10/22

i have been on depo for 9 years and the doctor told me i will not fall pregnant before i get my period back it stayd away for a year then came back it has been 8 months now and i am not pregnant yet. be pastient and good luck

Reply to depro 2