Posted by: Anell | 2011-12-14

Not feeling well

I have always had low bp about two months ago I started feeling extremely bad and tired, nauseous, my eyeballs were " painful"  I had extreme headache etc. I visited a doctor who did bp and full blood count etc, everything seemed normal my bp was 150/110 but when they did that I wasn''t feeling as bad as prior to them taking it. It has now gotten worse I think. it feels as though i have an extremely high fever inside but it doesn''t show that on the thermometer although my skin is even sensitive while it feels like I''m burning inside. my left foot started tingling 3 days ago and my left arm is almost completely numb after my face and arm& leg muscles were twitching constantly for about a week. My chest area feels tender and bruised although I haven''t injured it at all. I''ve been feeling worse than ever and just don''t know what to do and how to cope with the discomfort and pain. I''m not fond of running to doctors with everything but this is a bit much, what can I ask the doctor to test and should I tell him everything as above? I am a 28 year old female, I do smoke, was diagnosed with having had a TIA about 8 years ago and yes I do have some stress. Thanks for listening

It is very important to consult a doctor for a full examination, especially in light of your previous TIA and your current symptoms of tingling in your face, arm and leg. Blood tests and a possible MRI scan will have to be done. Please make sure that you mention all your symptoms.

Posted by: Anell | 2011-12-15

Hi Barbara
This feels even worse than when they told me I had TIA but similar, I''m quite honest if I say I''d rather just curl in a ball than feel like this. but I thought TIA symptoms disappear with a day or two so why so long? I do feel better and then again much worse, but I don''t get to the point anymore where I can say I feel fine. ai tog so confusing

Reply to Anell
Posted by: Barbara | 2011-12-14

Hallo Anell

I am no doctor but your symptoms speak of another TIA, i suggest you go to your doctor immediately and ask him to do the necessary tests. I dont want to scare you but I have a bit of experience living with my husband who has had a couple of strokes and keeps getting TIA''s and the symptoms are much the same. You dont need to have a high bp to have a stroke.

Reply to Barbara