Posted by: Someone | 2011-08-07

Not feeling well

I haven''t been feeling well since 2 weeks ago. I feel faint a lot of the time, especially standing up. I fainted after a bath last week. I''ve lost 5 pounds (from 113lbs down to 108lbs). I must admit I have been busy, sad, worried, haven''t been getting enough sleep and I''ve been eating a little bit less, especially less vegetables and more poor meals like a piece of bread or apple. But ironically, I started going to bathroom (stool) 2-3 times a day now. Before I used to go once a day, everyday. Now I go that many times and constantly feel like I need to go. I don''t have diarrhea, however. It looks normal.

I feel very weak and hungry in the morning before breakfast too.
My biggest fear is always diabetes. Could this be diabetes?

I''m 26, otherwise healthy and active.

As an immigrant in Canada, I have no health card and access to health care is very expensive. I don''t know what to do.

You will have to consult a doctor for an examination. Diabetes can be a cause for your symptoms and you will have to get a glucose tolerance test done. An overactive thyroid can be another cause and a blood test will have to be done to determine the levels of your thyroid hormones.

Is it possible that you are depressed or suffering from anxiety? Treatment with a product like Cipralex will control anxiety and alleviate depression.