Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2008/10/06

Not feeling well

The night from saturday to yesterday was horrible. I was so hot and thirsty that I had to drink the whole time. In the morning I woke up feeling very week and nauseous, and my whole body hurt a lot, especially my stomach and my legs. I also had shivers and when I had a shower with warm water I felt I was about to faint and had to turn the cold water tap on, otherwise I would really have fainted. I thought I had diarrhea because of the movements in my bowels and my excessive gas, but I didn' t need to go to the toilet the whole day.
What could this have been? Now I feel a lot better but still have a lot of gas, which caused my bladder to get a little swollen and hurt too.

Dear Patricia
This could be symptoms of most of the viral infections but can also be signs of malaria. If you have fever or cold shivers and painful urination or if you have been in a malaria area recently you should rather see your doctor for further testing.
dr Betsd