Posted by: Miccha | 2012-06-20

Not feeling so great

for the past two nights i have woken up at approx 3am with Nausia, I get up and sit up and seem to be full of wind and feel the need to go pass a stool. (eventually i do)

The nausia lasts for about an hour then subsides, i have dinner at about 8 then go sleep at about10h30 surely this is enough time for food to digest? I am taking metformin and i kn ow it does cause some digestive problems but its only for the past two nights

Your feed back would be appreciated.

It is possible that you have gastric or a peptic ulcer. Other possibilities include gallstones or colon infection. I therefore, suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a thorough examination. In the interim, you can take Gaviscon, three times daily before meals. This can be beneficial to alleviate your symptoms but a clear diagnosis will have to be made.