Question
Posted by: Carol | 2009/10/13

Not-fat kids

One reads a lot about kids becoming fatter, mine (x5) have the opposite problem - they are all very thin. Always being told it is " genetic"  doesn' t solve the problem. Where can I search for specific diet tips and specific meal plans to ensure good appetite, some healthy weight gain and long term health. I ate very poorly as a child and am now feeling the effects....and don' t want the same for my children.

Dear Carol
If you click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' you should find various articles that describe how much food children of different age groups need to eat and in what quantities. The article on healthy snack and lunch box ideas is also useful. It is possible that your children may benefit from taking a vitamin and mineral supplement like Vi-Daylin (ask your chemist) to stimulate their appetites.

1

Dear Carol