Posted by: Nikki | 2009-01-07

Not falling pregnant...

I had my last perriod on the 23 Sept ' 08, was suppose to go back for my 3mnth injection on 20 Oct ' 08 (and it wld only have been my 3rd injection) and I never did. To date (7/01/09) I have still not had a period and not prgnant either. If I do conceive this will be my first pregancy and I will be 39 this comming August. I' ve been for test and have been advised that everthing looks to be in-ordrer so there should not be a problem, my husband was married previously and has a son already. Could there be a problem or must I just be more patient?

Dear Nikki

It appears that a period of 6 months has gone by without your menstruation occurring after stopping the injection. As you are already 39 years old, I would suggest that you seek help from your gynaecologist or a fertility specialist to give you medication to help you start ovulating. If you are not seeing your period with the injection, that means that ovulation has not started yet. In a younger person I would have suggested to wait a little bit longer but in your specific case I think you need to be a little more active in the management of getting menstruation back in order.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

Posted by: Nikki | 2009-01-16

Thank you very much Dr. Dasoo... just another point, i only had two 3mnth injections and was still bleeding whilest I had it so much so that I was given the pill (triphasal) as well to stop it. I had an appointment with my gynaecologist on the 18 Nov ' 08 and still had a slight bloody discharge, that has since disappeared, and my gynaecologist advised that everything looked to be in order and not to worry. Still no period though, but my breasts are extreamly tender and I have nausia especially later afternoon and at night, have taken another home pregnancy test that came out with a negative result.
Any thoughts on this...?

Reply to Nikki