Question
Posted by: Lebo | 2010-05-04

Not excited about promotion

My boss called me this morning and offered me a promotion . Its is an amazing opportunity and will do wonders for my career but I am not sure I want it.
The job is very demanding and involves a lot of travelling. The client is very spoilt and dificult and I would need to be available anytime they need me.

The lady that used to be in the posistion has resigned and I saw how hard she worked but is seems that it was never enough and at one time, she was reduced to tears.

I have young kids and I hardly see enough of them as it is and with this promotion, its going to be worse and even mores so, there will be very little time to spend with my husband.

The money will be good and we will be able to settle both our cars and renovate the house.

I am conflicted, what do you think?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Lebo the very fact that you raise concerns, answers your question. Promotions are great but one has to be comfortable with th extra demands of the promotion and the consequences including added stress and less time with the family. Only you can male the decision, but make it soon before it becomes worse.

1
Posted by: gasguy | 2010-05-27

Hard work is a bummer, but if you want the money, lifestyle cars and house, you have to work for it.

Reply to gasguy