Question
Posted by: kate | 2009-03-15

not enough serotonin

I homopath said my daughter does not have enough serotonin in her brain. She is 24 years old, has(d) panick attacks and does not seems a very happy child. She is still living at home. Her father has been taking a low dosage of anti-depressants for 20 years. should she first try the homopath or go for thethe anti-depressants. my husbands brother has stress and alcohol prolems and his daughter (18 years) just committed suicide - ' for no reason at all' .

No homeopath is qualified to make such a statement, nor to make ANY psychiatric diagnosis. Ansd there is NO good evidence that ANY homeopathic remedy helps ANY psychiatric condition except purely acting as a placebo. What your daughter needs first of all is a completent expert diagnosis, before deciding on treatment --- she should see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment, and a discussion of treatment options, which may well include using specific drugs otherwise also used to treat depression, and psychotherapy of the CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) format, to help her gain control of the panic symptoms