Posted by: liezel els | 2010-03-24

not employed

want a divorce, unemployed, husband will take kids cause of that. What is my rights as a good mother?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Liezel,

A divorce requires much consideration. Unless you need to act urgently for safety reasons, it is wise to discuss all the options while keeping your children's best interest in the foreground. If you are currently unemployed, It may wise to start looking at your opportunities and get a job to secure being able to look after your children and be able to provide for them. It's all good to want your children after the divorce but if you haven't got an income, how are you going to care for them?
I hear that you are a good mother, but what their relationship with their dad after the divorce. Is shared custody an option?

It would be advised that you go for Divorce coaching before you seek legal advise in order to help you make the right decisions after having addressed the emotional issues. Also, when parents divorce it is highly recommended to seek mediation as the preferred way to divorce.

Posted by: kate | 2010-03-24

Look up Stephanie Cronje in Brits - lawyer very good 

Reply to kate