Question
Posted by: worried mom | 2010/10/07

Not coping

i have a liltle baby of 4months, a toddler of three 3yrs. breast feeding. at work they want to demote me. my husband is always complaining because we are staying with my sister he doest want her. and my sister doesnt have anywhere to go, my parents are both not working so they need money from me every month end, i dont have enough to take care of them and still take care of my responsibilities in my house. and i cant bear the fact that they dont have food. my mom is sick she cant work, my dad is old.
my 20 yr old brother is in university, am the one taking care of him &  i cant do enough, he attempted suicide because of stress.

My husbabd earns little money, i must always be the one to help. his car maybe repossed at anytime and we have just one car.

i tried to look another job, i cant get any because am blaclisted. needless to mention that i cant even get a car of my own due to itc. i am tired of walking to work everyday for 30 minutes.when i get to work they stress me up because they are no longer happy about me. after work i must still cook for the family.
is there a help to my problems?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Worried Mom,

Whew your list is of concerns is very long and it is hard to cover them all via this forum. The best thing to do is put these things in order of urgency and priority. From this you will then see which needs to be actioned 1st.

My suggestion is that you have a heart to heart with your employer as they cant demote you, that's illegal unless you are note performing. The family content is alot more complex and i suggest you get everyone round the super table and talk out how you are not coping and need there love and support because if you burn out or get demoted they will ALL suffer.

& Please tell me how it goes:)

Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD
55 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town
3021 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, Joburg

2
Posted by: Worried Mom | 2010/10/11

Thanks Dr Justin, for your response.
There''s no progress at work. i have decided to take them to CCMA. they want to give a lower post not because i am not perfoming but because i was away for maternity leave. but i am cofident CCMA will help me on this one.

The rest of my problems are still as they are.

thanks

Reply to Worried Mom
Posted by: Stress Reduction Expert | 2010/10/11

Dear Worried Mom,

& Please tell me how it goes:)

Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD
55 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town

Reply to Stress Reduction Expert