Question
Posted by: overstressed | 2010/05/13

Not coping!

I don''t know what to do...I feel im at point break. I cry constantly &  don''t know how to deal with life anymore..I am in a highly stressful carreer which takes all my time (I can''t even take a break to go to the loo or eat) weekends I have to clean, cook, run a household &  all my money I earn is eaten away by other people (my mother, sister &  her kids who were almost on the street &  my boyfriend who can''t make ends meet either)..We just bought a house which is in a total mess because the boyfriend works away so cant renovate...Everyday there is a new crisis or someone wanting something from me ..I feel like running away where no one can find me. What do I do. If I have to take a break/few days off, they will let me go.

Clearly you are currently not well - perhaps a Depression - in a way that should be entirely successfull treatable. The excessive stress a work ( which you should not accept without healrthy modifications to it ) and the financial and family problems are obviously very stressful and this too needs modification. See at least a GP initially )( and probably then a psychiatrist for a full assessment and treatment advice ). As far as I understand the law, the company would NOT be allowed to sack you if you are unwell, and if your doctor recommends a few days break, the company would NOT be allowed to further damage your health by refusing.

2
Posted by: GBB | 2010/05/13

We are all in that situation at present. Sometimes you can only do so much and that is that. The others must contibute and not eat you out of house and home. Put your foot down and make it clear to everyone.
Get your sister and your mother to do the house cleaning as well!!

Reply to GBB