Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2009-01-15

Not concieving

Have been trying to concieve for 4 months now but nothing. 29 yrs old last time on the pill was May 2007 and even then I had only been on it for year on and off but still no baby. Have been actively trying since October last, I monitor ovulation, BBT and every month I get my period! I' m now taking LandiF to assist ,my cycle went from a 28 days to now 25 days so not too sure what happened but the shorter the better.
Please advise what I should do really want a baby!

Dear Sammy

Although 4 months is a very short time and should not pose obvious need for concern, the fact that you have been off contraceptions since May 2007 may imply that there might be an underlying fertility problem. I would suggest that a sperm analysis be done as soon as possible followed by some form of tubal patency evaluation either by X-ray (HSG) or through a laparoscopy. Should all this be in order then the nature of your cycle may need further evaluation and possibly some form of progesterone support in the second part of your cycle may be valuable.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

5
Posted by: Sammy | 2009-01-19

Thank you ladies for all your advise. Going to see Gyne on 28th for annualy check up and to test all is ok. Partner is def fertile has a baby in previous relationship.

Reply to Sammy
Posted by: Angel | 2009-01-19

I agree with the ladies.The most important thing is to rule out male infertility issues and as such a semen analysis is critical. I was on clomid for a very long year and I never got a single BFP!! Hubbies sperm was perfect and I was ovulating. SO, if your doctor does put you on clomid make sure that she/he monitors you to make sure that it is fact working and that the clomid itself does not end up hindering conception.

I hope that you get your much awaited for BFP!!

Reply to Angel
Posted by: B | 2009-01-16

Clomid wont work if your husbands sperm count is low or if you have a proble, that is why its better to get checked out before starting fertility meds

Reply to B
Posted by: tanya | 2009-01-16

HI THERE SAMMY, I AGREE WITH CLARE, BUT ALSO THEN ASK FOR CLOMID, IT WILL HELP AS WELL TO FALL PREGNANT. WILL THINK OF YOU

Reply to tanya
Posted by: Clare | 2009-01-15

HI there Sammy. I know just how frustrated you are, The fertility specialist has really helped me to answer any questions i might have. I would suggest the following is checked:

1. Husband/Boyfriends sperm count etc
2. Pap smear
3. Internal/External ultrasound to check if you are in fact ovulatng

Just remember in some cases i have heard that women want to fall pregnant so desperately they subcontously just cant. Once you have been checked out, try to forget about it and i am sure it will happen on its own.

Reply to Clare