Question
Posted by: Kimberly | 2012/03/13

Not comfortable with age but i love him

Hi. I''m seeing this man, i saw his ID book the other day and was shocked to learn of his age. I''m 32yrs old, he jst turned 57. age difference 25 yrs. I''m not comfortable with dating old man. Do i go with the flow in the name of love or must i leave him. does age matter? confused.

If you were shocked, presumably he doesn't LOOK 57, but one wonders whether maybe he should have told you. I wonder how you came to see his ID, maybe you looked because you were curious about his real age ? Smaller age differences usually don't matter, and the more relevant difference would be in mental / social age, and whether you share interests. But as anon says, opther issues arise. With a guy of 57, even though men are usually capable of fathering children to quite an advanced age, you would know that he is unlikely to live long enough to see those kids become adults. If you are still interested in active pastimes, sports, parties, etc., he might not be.
So in the end, as with any relationship, take the time to check out compatibility in all the many ways you would interact

5
Posted by: Mary | 2012/03/13

If I were you I would reconsider the relationship. In a couple of years he will be at retirement and you will be inthe prime of your life. Hey but thats just me. Good luck

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Kimberly | 2012/03/13

Thanks you for all the responses. And to answer you, he doesn''t look 57. I will do some introspection. thanx again :)

Reply to Kimberly
Posted by: anon | 2012/03/13

While I agree with zim, ultimately it depends on what you are looking for in life, do you want to settle down eventually, get married, have kids etc? Dating is a way for you to find out if you share similar life goals, regardless of age, if you don''t or that person can''t give you those things it''s time to move on.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Zim | 2012/03/13

Do you love him? If yes why worry about his age/your age. Love is what matters most

Reply to Zim