Not building muscle

I am a 19 year old male. 1.8m and 62kg. I struggle to build muscle. I have worked with a gym trainer for 4 months, but I don’ t seem to build muscle. I have almost no fat to begin with. What should I do? I have always struggled with weight and building muscle

Hi Paul

I see your question came through twice, I have answered it below

Posted by: GFP | 2009-06-25

I am exercising 3 times a week doing 15mins of cardio before a 45min weight/strength training session followed by another 10mins of intense running on the treadmill.

My one Q is if this amount/intensity of training is enough if I want to shake of some mid-section flab whilst building and toning muscle?

Q number 2 is whether it is better to train specific muscle groups on selected days, like arms and/or chest etc, or is it better do just do an " all-round"  workout, exercising all the relevant muscle groups in one session. I am currently doing the latter.

Also, I have been going to the gym for almost 4 months and has definitely started seeing results, but I was wondering what the average time is for proper, well defined muscle to start developing?

Thank You.

[I am a 23year old male, 188cm tall and weight of 75kg' s]

Reply to GFP