Posted by: Adriaan | 2009-02-10

Not bloodpressure

I have been trated for HBP but never had a history of HBP. I stopped taking 5mg tablet. My BP witht he tablet measured on a daily basis was in region of 105/74
Without tablet I am 115/84.
I am a regular jogger 4xweek weigh 85kg L 1.75
Yet I ontinue to have a headache and back down my neck. BP tablet did not help.
I have pressure on both my temples into ear cavity. Constant runny nose.

Do you think this could be sinisitis?

Do you think

Dear Adriaan
Headache at the back of the head can be caused by chronic upper back and neck muscle spasm. According to the BP readings you reported you probably do not need anti-hypertensive medication. You may have a chronic allergic rhinitis causing the blocked ears and runny nose - try taking Loratidine 1 at night for a few weeks ( the generic is cheaper), if still a problem you can add Beconase aqeous nose spray twice a day. Visit a physiotherapist for the headaches, you probably need to have some trigger points treated in the upper back region.