Question
Posted by: Salwah Van Rheede | 2010/02/24

Not a vegetarian exactly, but do not eat red meat

I do not eat red meat at all, and processed meats such as polony, vienna, etc. NO MEAT at all, only chicken and fish.
I would like to know the risks in general and the risk for when I should be pregnant.

Dear Salwah
Chicken is classified as white meat, so you just cut out all red meat and processed meats containing beef, chicken, etc. If you are still eating chicken and fish then you will not have a problem because you will still be obtaining sufficient high quality protein, iron, zinc, vit B12 and omega-3 fatty acids (the latter from the fish) to sustain good health even during pregnancy.
Enjoy

1

Dear Salwah
Enjoy