Question
Posted by: T | 2008/09/15

Not a question 4 CS- just observation

Why are people so angry and anal-retentive the road? I had an otherwise good weekend, the entire Saturday I was driving around runnning some errands and witnessed about 3 road rage episodes  the first one was valid  i' d made a mistake and felt bad. The second one, i' d inadvertently blocked someone' s way cos i' m moving into a new place and didn' t know there was a loading zone i could use and of course didn' t even know that there were obscured garages somewhere &  my idea of considerate parking would block the way for the drivers from these " out of sight"  garages. I shudder to think what one such driver would have done if hadn' t been with his family, I wasn' t a woman and there were no witneses. I actually almost broke down in tears cos I honestly had no idea and couldn' t understand the absolute rage on his phase. Anyway he said ' sorry, just one of those days' .
After all of this, obviously I was even more nervous &  panicked at the sound of any hooter. The (thankfully!) last one was a middle-aged white man who just hooted and hooted while I made a turn  I don' t know what I did, i didnt'  even stall, he wasn' t even on the same lane as myself &  he wasn' t even turning, i wasn' t indicating in the wrong direction.
Why are people so abusive? Afterwards I felt angry &  thought i probably should' ve been more assertive &  have had to resist taking all that pent-up anger on other motorists who make mistakes, as all humans do.
I just don' t understand. If someone makes a mistake, i really do not hoot at them or scream or whatever, i just talk by myslef in my car to myself, or maybe i' m just a wimp ...

I'm considering doing a more detailed article on road rage, when I get the time, as the issue is actually very complex. Interesting question about Pedestrian Rage. I think I feel it at times, when I have to rush to get some shopping done at a mall, and the passages are full of daffy people who apparently never work a day in their lives, just wandering around like zombies, not actually shopping, just drifting around like scm on the top of a pond, though much less intelligent

2
Posted by: Mario | 2008/09/15

Interesting question : how come people get road rage but not pedestrian rage?

Reply to Mario
Posted by: Zola | 2008/09/15

You are not a wimp. Road rage is such a waste of time and energy. I also don' t scream at people who make mistakes on the road coz God knows I make them too.

I suppose it' s something we just have to live with. Sometimes people take out their anger on you for something that happened aerlier on. It' s just best not to fight back coz people get killed in road rage incidents hey!!!

Reply to Zola