Question
Posted by: Charlene | 2009/07/03

nose bleeds

My 16 year old son is having recurring nose bleeds. He wakes up in the morning with a pillow full of blood. The frequency of the nose bleeds is increasing and is now happening at other times of the day. It only bleeds out of his left nostril. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Charlene

I suggest that you make an appointment with an ENT specialist, as it is possible that he has a small superficial artery that is causing the nose bleeds. The specialist will be able to cauterise this and thus stop the bleeds.