Question
Posted by: Dee | 2010/06/18

Nose bleeding/Headaches

I think I have sinuses, If the is wind outside or aircon its on I have to breath with my mouth because if I use my nose geez it hurts so much, perfumes or anything that have scent blocks my nose and I will have headaches(one sided headches) like my head will explode.

Nose bleeding - If I blow my nose sometimes the will be blood on it and sometimes my partner will tell that I have a blood smell inside my nose like it has dried up.

What''''s causing this and what can I take to unblock and for headaches

Expert ImageSinus Expert

The sensitivity to certain smells and irritation might indicate an allergy or vasomotor rhinitis. The headaches indicates possible pressure points. The primary medication for any rhinitis is nasal corticosteroid sprays (a prescription is necessary). Please do not use any decongestant sprays (cold and flu sprays), as these cause serious damage to the nasal membranes. Usually nasal bleeding is a simple problem to solve for a specialist. I do advise a medical evaluation in view of the headaches and bleeding.

1
Posted by: Sinus Expert | 2010/06/20

Reply to Sinus Expert