Question
Posted by: Ile | 2010/06/07

Nose bleeding

My cat keep having dry blood in the corners of her nose, its a dark colour but dry. She eat, drink, play normally, have no problem that I can see.

It is not a lot of blood and I never saw her nose bleeding but wonder what could be the cause.

Hi IIe

Epistasis can arise from a number of conditions. These may include; trauma, nasal foreign bodies, infectious (bact/fungal/viral/parasitic), nasal tumours or blood disorders and dental disease (tooth root abscess). If the blood is apparent from both nostrils then the condition maybe more serious.

What I advise is that you clean the nose and access if the blood is from the surface of the noise of from the nostrils themselves. If the blood from the noise increases in frequency then I would advise that you take your cat to your local vet for a proper clinical examination.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2010/06/07

If it really is blood, then you should take her to be seen by a vet.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/06/07

Hi IIe

Reply to CyberVet