Question
Posted by: Philip | 2008/08/15

Nose Bleed and Bruising

I live in the UK. During a recent holiday to Germany, I got several bruises (on my back due to a massage) and on my legs. My nose also started to bleed close to the end of the holiday. Since then, my nose started to bleed a couple of times during the night and also during the day at work. It stop after a few minutes, so I' m not too concerned. I am a bit worried about the easy bruising and nose bleeds together though.

Is this a coincidence or should I see a doctor about it? My nose bled a few times a year as a child in SA, but since moving to the UK, it has never bled before.

Philip

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is very important that you consult a doctor as soon as possible, to have blood tests done, to rule out any pathological reason for your bruising and nose bleeds. I do not want to scare you but leukemia should be ruled out.

Kind regards