Question
Posted by: Mich | 2011/02/21

Nose

Dear doc

I am 23 and have a slightly skew nose (no idea how it happened) and I actually think it is starting to make my life difficult.

I always battle with hay fever in summer, but this time round I don''t seem to be battling that much at all. What I did realise is that my nose is extremely congested, but if I blow it nothing comes out. I battle to breathe through my nose and people complain that I breathe very loudly, most probably primarily through my mouth.

Am uncertain as to whether the difficult breathing is due to my nose being skew or it being very congested due to perhaps allergies or something. Can my skew nose be a big cause and should I see a plastic surgeon to have it fixed? What will the procedure involve and will it be very painful to straighten it?

I am going through a very difficult patch of late and I find that the breathing gets heavier when I worry. Can it perhaps be due to anxiety as well?

Thank you.

Hallo Mich
A skew nose septum can cause blocked nose, repeated sinusitis, polyps and a host of other problems. Please see an Ear nose and throat specialist, who will be able to correct this for you with a small operation.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/21

Hallo Mich