Posted by: Anon | 2008-12-14

I feel like I have a blocked, congested nose, but a dry one (not runny). When one nostril becomes open, the other gets blocked.
Actifed makes me very drowsy.
I also feel like I have a nasal drip.
Could you please advise. And also can you tell me how anxiety/stress headaches are usually treated  the ones that painkillers don' t help much. A brain scan has been fine etc..and it is anxiety they say.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Hi Anon
Try using Beconase aqeous nose spray twice a day for a month as I think your symptoms may be allergic in origin. For the first week you can add Drixine nosespray twice a day too as the Beconase will only start working after regular use of about a week. Stress headaches are best treated by getting physio ( it is due to excessive neck and shoulder muscle spasm) You can also put heat (hot water bottle or corn bag) on the shoulders and neck to relax the neck and you can take a muscle relaxant/headache tablet combination like Adcodol if the pain is very bad - just be careful this is ADDICTIVE and impairs your concentration so can be dangerous to take if you drive. Just take it as last resort and do not use more than a few days in succession.