Question
Posted by: Holly | 2008/06/11

Nose

hi- I am wanting you advice please.

My nose is rather skew and as a result my one nostril is very narrow. Its causing a bit of difficulty breathing through my nose and I was wondering if you could recommend me to a website or someone that could talk me through the procedure. Im in Roodepoort- if that makes any difference.

Dear Holly
See http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/repair-of-a-deviated-septum-septoplasty-surgery-overview
Your ENT surgeon will explain to you in detail what he will do depending on your specific problem. After the operation your nose will be swollen and blocked and you will have to wear a cottonwool thing that looks like a miniature sanitary pad under your nose for the first day to catch the bleeding which is a bit uncomfortable. However this improves quite quickly and most people are very glad that they had the repair afterwards!

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/27

hi there,
for the last 1 and a half i have had endless sinus problems, i have taken everything possible, and i am at a point where i literally want to cry becuase i cannot breathe properly, and i get no sleep. :( it seems that the nostrol on my right side is constantly clogged up and whenever i try to breathe through it its a struggle, and i actually have this funny noise (almost like a whistle! lol) coming out there when i attempt, anyway, i had a look up my nose (really with 2 mirrors!! :) ) and i see that the nostrol on my right is literally a slit compared to the other side which is completely open, i have been to an ENT and he says it might be a deviated septum, i have checked around and the price of these operations scare me! are there any medical aids that can be recomended that cover this procedure at all? i really dont want to pay for something like this that i think a medical aid should pay for, please help! :) i have looked at all sorts of medical aid, but they never state it is covered, nor do they state it isnt. thanks!