Posted by: Irene Kariuki | 2012-11-27

Norplant Readministration

I was inserted with Norplant from Nairobi, Kenya. My 5 years have exxpired in October this year, while staying in Cape Town South Africa. I have gone round to gynae and clinics but most do not know what I am talking about. I do not want it removed but added for another 5 years. I have read on your pages about the test that was done at Stellenbosch University in 1997 for 100 women and it was recommended. Being that I cannot have my Norplant readministered anywhere in South Africa, how do I get the University to readminister me for the same. It will save me a long trip to Zimbabwe or Kenya just to have the Norplant redone. I will appreciate all the assistance you can give me. And an email on this assistance will be very much appreciated.

Dear Irene
Since this is not a infertility related question I suggest you post this to the gynae doctor on the health 24 website.
Answered by: Dr Y.M.Dasoo