Posted by: Cassie | 2009-10-30

Normal Heart rate?

Hi Doc. Just something i need to find out bcoz im unsure if its normal or not. As we all know that when any1 is active like exercising or whatever, our heart rate will be faster than when we rest but when i rest , most of the time my heart rate is always fast. in 60 sec my pulse beats 96 times compared to when i tried it on my boyfriend who only had about 73. Is this normal? I just did this last night while relaxing in the lounge. Sometimes its higher than that. But when i work out i know its normal but when im doing nothing it like has a race in my chest.

96 is a very high resting pulse rate and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an ECG and further tests.