Posted by: samantha | 2009-05-26

normal delivery after c-sction

hi sister
i had my eldest son 9 years ago he was born c-section,he was breech, are pregnant again, baby due 26/06/,spoke to my doctor today i really want to give natural birth, because I have kelaoid skin,it took about 5 years for the wound to heal, i honestly do want to go thru that again.The doctor told me some silly story about I cant give natural birth, the scare will rupture,baby might die,etc,but my sister had a c-section 6 years ago, and gave normal birth 2 weeks ago, what do you think?I honestly dont believe him, heard many stories about women how gave natural birth after c-sections.

There is about a 1% risk of the scar rupturing if you have a normal birth after caesarean. Whether it is advisable in your case would depend largely on the size of the baby close to term and whether there are any other complications in the pregnancy.

Posted by: CE | 2009-05-27

It is possible to give vaginal birth after having a previous ceaserian, but there are some risks involved. Your health and previous c/sec incision would have to be evaluated properly by a gynae beforehand to determine whether you' d be legible for natural birth. Do some research on google - its called a VBAC (vaginal birth after ceaserian).
Hope you' ll find the answers you need.
Good luck.

Reply to CE
Posted by: DC | 2009-05-27

That' s possible, i know my cousin had a c-sec 4yrs ago and gave birth naturally 2yrs ago

Reply to DC