Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/11/18

Norlevo

Hi Doc.
I took this pill on the 8th November and still have not gotten my period.
I have read up on it and realized that I took it incorrectly.
I was supposed to take 1 asap after and then the other 12 hours later but I took both pills 4 hours after the incident.
Will this still prevent pregnancy?
They also say that you should see a doc. 3 weeks after taking the pill.
Is this necessary?
Also should I not have my period by now?
What do I do now?

Hi Kelly
It often causes an irregular/skipped menstruation after taking it, especially as you took a high once off dose. It may give you peace of mind to see your GP for a pregnancy test, but it should have prevented pregnancy. It is not harmful to skip the next period.
These pills contain high levels of esterogen so it is not a good idea to take this often, and it is not 100% effective, rather use a more "regular" type of contraceptive if you are sexually active. And try to always use condoms to prevent sexual transmitted diseases!
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/18

Hi Kelly
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc