Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2011/03/01

Nordette VS Microval

I am on microval and has been put on Nordette when my pack finishes this week..

What is the difference between the two..

Mickey

Mocroval is progesterone only and Nordette is oestrogen and progesterone. Nordette is a more effective contraceptive.

2
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/02

Microval is a progesterone only pill and needs to be taken every day at exactly the same time to be effective. It is mostly used when women are breastfeeding as it only reduces milk supply slightly.

Nordette is a combined pill that means it has estrogen and progesterone. It can''t be used during breastfeeding as it will pretty much entirely dry up your milk.

Reply to Purple