Question
Posted by: jena | 2009-10-08

Nordette pills

Hi there. My husband and I are trying to conceive. He has a problem (morphology) but we received the news in March this year that he is okay. We went through a rough time and I went on the pill in March. Its now October as we decided that I must leave it )03/10/09). How long should i give it to start " hoping"  is there any tablets like Folic tabs that I can use? how long does the pill take before out of your system? thank you!

Dear Jena

The pill takes approximately 1 to 2 months for fertility to return to normal after stopping the pill. It is advisable when you are trying to fall pregnant that you take folic acid 5mg everyday. If you are under the age of 35 and are trying to conceive and haven’t fallen pregnant for more than a year then it would be advisable to start investigating then. If however you are over 35 years old then I would say wait 6 months to see if you will succeed in achieving a pregnancy on your own.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Anna | 2016-06-23

Hi I've been on nordette for years. I took my last pill three days ago, three days after I'm ovulating and having sex. Can I fall pregnant so quickly?

Reply to Anna
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009-10-21

Dear Jena

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert