Posted by: storm | 2009-04-16

nordette no period

hello doc,

i was to triphasil for 3 months my doc changed my pill to nordette because i had break thru bleeding i also exprienced break thru bleeding on nordette this is the 1st month on nordette. i havent been sexually actice on nordette but my boyfriend and i used the with drawel method on saturday afternoon i took my last active pill on that saturday its now 5 days since ive been taking the inactive pills and i havent received my period yet. does this mean i am pregnant? i havent missed any pills

i had a miscarriage in feb last yr i really dont wanna be pregnant now am stressing abt this

please advise

many thanks

Dear Storm
Having a breakthrough bleed does not mean that the pill is not working, only that the hormone levels drop a bit too low somewhere in your cycle. Try to hang in there with the Nordette as it may take a month or two for the hormones to settle. Maybe you should use a condom as precaution for a month or so. It is unlikely that you are pregnant if you did not miss any pills, but do a pregnancy test for your own peace of mind!
Dr BEts