Question
Posted by: Moo | 2009/05/12

Nordette - Falling Pregnant

Hi Doctor. I would like to know, i' ve been on contraception from the time I was 16 years. For the first 2 years I was on Dianne for my skin - my dermotologist put me on that. When I turned 18 , I started on Nordette, this was because I was having intercourse. I am now 23 years old. I have not had a break from the pill. Would this be dangerous to my body? Will I beable to fall pregnant when I do want to have a child? Should I take a break?I am very concerned. Please advise. Thank you so much.

It is not necessary to take a break from the Pill. When you stop, it will be out of your system within 3 months and has no longterm effect on fertility.