Question
Posted by: Can | 2008/06/04

Nordette contraceptive or abortifacient

hi there
Please tell if Nordette is a contraceptive or and abortifacient? I was on triphasil but it was too strong for me, it made me sick all the time. I want to know though if all contraceptives are preventing pregnancy before it happens or does it abort the egg after it happens? Is nordette safe? Does it prevent or is it an abortifacient?

Dear Can
Most oral contraceptive work by preventing ovulation and also implantation. However the very low dose combined preparation may not be totally successful in stopping ovulation but certainly interferes with the implantation of the embryo. Both Nordette and Triphasil are intermediate doses and would in my opinion be more than likely to impede ovulation.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2008/06/05

When you are on the pill there is no egg to fertilise ie no ovulation therefore it prevents pregnancy.

Reply to Dee