Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-09

Nordette &  pregnancy

Morning doctor

I would like some advice on this please.

I am on Nordette. With my first pregnancy I left the pill after 4 years continious use in March and only got pregnant in November. Now I'  ve heard that it is best to drink the pill for 1 year and leave it (I think) for 3 months. Then drink it again for a year and so forth. Apparently then I wont have a problem in falling pregnant again if I wish to do so.

Is this true?

Im not planning to fall pregnant now, but would like to know for future reference.

You do not have to take a break from the Pill. It does not affect fertility after you have stopped taking it. Even women who have never taken the Pill can take up to a year to conceive.