Question
Posted by: Katie | 2011/02/01

Nordette &  Oralcon

What is the difference between these two? I have been using Nordette for a few years now and now I received Oralcon. Please help

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Katie the two are not the same - Ovral contains
ethinyl estradiol 0.05 mg and norgestrel 0.5 mg, whereas each active Oralcon tablets contains levonorgestrel 150 mcg and ethinyl estradiol 30 mcg.

Teherefore, in terms of ingredients, Oralcon and Nordette is the same, but not Oralcon and Ovral.

5
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/10

Can l take cinnamon and ginger tea while taking oralcon?

Posted by: wendy | 2014/07/05

Hi I have first been on nordettee then the clinic changed it to oral con, so for the past 5 years I've been on oraal con, but last mnth I got nordette, and I have noticed within the month that I have gained weight, is this of the change in tablets

Reply to wendy | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Litishia | 2014/10/29

Hi i also gained weight on Nordette and i don't know what to do :( any advice??

Posted by: Philippa | 2011/03/18

I was told to take Nordette as I have Endometriosis - I have now been given Oralcon - what are the differences? Is it also effective for Endometriosis?

Reply to Philippa
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/02/02

Reply to pharmacist