Question
Posted by: Sam | 2009-05-13

Nordette after on injection and periods

I was on the injection (nur instrate)for 3 years after my daughter was born,and changed 2 months ago to nordette, and on my second packet, the clinic sister told me i would have spotting and breakthrough bleeding for the first 3 packs, but on my first one it was like a normal period colour wise and heavy. So is it a period or a break through as i want to egg donate and have to have 2 normal periods first, what would that have been then. Please help, confussed as the sister wasn' t very helpfull. And how effective is nordette any way

It sounds like a normal period. Nordette is very effective in preventing pregnancy.