Posted by: storm | 2009-09-09

hi doc,

this is my 7th month on nordette. ive had break thru bleeding every month except for last month when i had no bleeding but just alot of discharge. now i started my new pack of nordette on sunday today il be taking my 4th active pill but ive noticed a little blood. and also my period only stopped monday night. my question is how long should it take for my body to adjust to the pill? i thot because i didnt get the bleeding last month that my body had adjusted already i really dont want to have this annoying problem again!!
is it true that the pill is less effective in obese women? and is the pill still effective at preventing pregnancy even if i have break thru bleeding? im 21 yrs old.

thanx alot for your help

7 months should be long enough for you to adapt to the Pill. It sounds like you may need to try a differnt Pill. You should also have a gynae check-up to see that there is no other reason for the bleeeding. You are not at increased risk for pregnancy if you take the Pill regulalrly.